Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Magic filter Question

Started by onokai ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Magic filter Question

4 posts
  1. Ok- I'm a bit fuzzy on this topic. Are the filters going on each lens - say on my 77mm lens or a 55mm lens so one need several-or is it something used in processing digital images later -or can I use it with film?? I some how missed the boat on this topic. I like the results and would like to learn more and where to obtain them as well. Mark

  2. There where numerous post here about this topic and also there is a lot of data in the magic's site

    There is a 77mm diameter filter that can be cut to feet less wide lens.

    According to my knowledge this filter was design to work with the WB mechanism of the digital cameras so it will probably wont be the best solution for film, but who know, I don't remember anyone that post about such an experience.

  3. Thanks AA that's all the info I needed. Mark

  4. Yep, the magic filter will NOT work with slide film. It is designed to work with the camera's WB, so that it is effective over as wide a depth range as possible. It is not that difficult to design a filter that works with film, but the depth range of effectiveness is very narrow, say between 4-5m. The Magic Filter is a new approach that works with the strengths of a DSLR in regards to WB.

     

    Alex

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.