Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Floaded....expiration time 7:45 P.M. European time

Started by Claustro ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Floaded....expiration time 7:45 P.M. European time

3 posts
  1. Hi at all,

     

    Prologue: Six month ago I floaded the camera , not too much , about 20 ml of water ,but the water reach the battery compartment, till today it works even if it drains the batteries even if switched off.

     

    The good part : I'll leave for a Philippines trip next 3 March.

     

    The VERY bad part: yesterday I took my camera for a little check and for trying some setting with the strobe.

    At first It had some strange behavior , long shoot delay and a not responding strobe in AV mode ( always full power independently of the aperture ), then after 30-35 shoots it switched off.

    Now I am only able to browse the CF and if I try to exit from play mode it simply switch off :angry::lol: .

     

    So I have to find a new camera in 20 days.

    One option would be to take another A95 but I like the idea of more megapixel ,macro power, fastest functions of the new A620.

     

    At the end I'll sell my "old" a95 UW housing on ebay.

    I hope that Inon 'll make a lens adaptor for this camera soon or later.

     

    Thank you for let me share this sad news with you :P

     

    Andrea

    Edited by Claustro
  2. :angry::lol::P;)
  3. Nearly the same experience in August - but mine was with an A80!!

    More than 20ml of water, but after an afternoon drying out, spent with a silica bag, it was working fine. Over time it started acting strangely, like yours, but it still took photos.

     

    Mid December the camera just wouldn't turn on - for no reason at all. I do believe it was related to the flooding, but can't prove it.

     

    I opted for a new camera - Canon Powershot S2 IS - 12X zoom and image stabilization sold me over the A620. You're going to need a new housing if you don't get another A95, so think about which way to go.

     

    Kim

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.