Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Unidentified nudibranch

Started by whitehead ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Unidentified nudibranch

12 posts
  1. Here it is - I found it happening on the back of dead leaf at about 20 meter at Angel's window at Lembeh

     

    _WHT1240.jpg

    Edited by whitehead
  2. a bit more detail......

    post-1614-1139647407_thumb.jpg

  3. Cotton balls?

  4. HOW KEWL!!! That's really nifty. I have no idea who it is or what kind of eggs it's eating. The long cerata look like aeolid but some arminids have them too. SEND IT TO BILL!!!!! NIFTY!!!!!

  5. WOW

  6. OMIGOD. These are the coolest things I've seen from the slug family in a long while: I didn't even perceive them as slugs at first! Their body looks like a Phyllodesmium, but does not appear to have zooxanthellae in their cerata, and appears to have cnidosac at the tip of the cerata, which Phyllodesmium do not. New genus, perhaps. Way cool.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  7. I have tracked this down. Terry Gosliner had a look and he says it's an undescribed Tergipes, and those are its own eggs.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  8. Very cool!

     

    A suggestion: please use more descriptive thread subjects in this forum area...

  9. Well done.

     

    Goes to show folks should take pictures of those strange things. You never know. :unsure:

  10. It's own eggs? Wow, I didn't know any nudibranchs laid discrete packets instead of continuous ribbons or chains. What a neat animal.

  11. Looks like it will be called a Cuthona when it's described. It's been found in PNG, Okinawa, and the Philippines.

    Marli

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.