Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Question about shutter delay in full manual mode

Started by roobeast ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Question about shutter delay in full manual mode

2 posts
  1. Hi there, I just returned from cozumel and my first experience with my canon S40 and dx90 strobe. While I was able to get a few good shots I was very disappointed with the completely unpredictable shutter lag when shooting fully manual. I was setting the shutter speed, aperature and focus manually and yet when I hold down the shutter release the camera sits there and thinks about taking the picture for anywhere from 1 to 7 seconds. What the hell is going on? I can't find anyone else ranting about this problem so I'm not sure if this is either a problem with my particular camera or this is just normal and everyone accepts it.

     

    Ideas?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Alex.

  2. Was your WB set on auto or was it preset? Auto WB could slow down your shutter lag.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.