Peter Benchley has died aged 65. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4707576.stm
I know this will be sad news to those that dived with him (Mike?).
Read-only discussion
Peter Benchley has died aged 65. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4707576.stm
I know this will be sad news to those that dived with him (Mike?).
Yes i did... and indeed is sad news.
I got to spend a week with Peter and his family in Tahiti aboard the Aggressor a few years back. He was an extremely interesting person with some great stories and was really full of energy. I am glad i got the chance to meet and get to know him and hear some of his tales and stories about his life with sharks. He was extremely devoted to the cause of shark conservation after Jaws and at the forefront of a lot of conservation causes for the ocean in general. HIs well known name lent great credence to a lot of good causes.
he will be missed
Sad news. Thanks for sharing your insight, Mike.
Dive magazine's website has a nice tribute article about PB written by Douglas Seifert, that is very well worth a read:
http://www.divemagazine.co.uk/news/article...AN=2643&v=1&sp=
Alex
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.