So if we had to choose one dome port which should we use , wide angle , fish eye , or super dome , personally after attending stephen frinks school of under water photography i would take the super dome since somone was shooting with the other ports all week and was getting glare on his images and when he switched to a super dome is was greatly dimminished .
- 5Posts
- 5Replies
Read-only discussion
For wide angle
-
-
I do not know the Seacam line of domes but I am pretty sure that the domes would function properly when used with the proper technique. My guess is the flare had more to do with technique than the port used.
I think the port selection would be based on the type of shooting you anticipate and results you wish to achieve.
-
When shooting with a fisheye lens, it's not really necessary to use a big port. In fact, Nexus makes a very high quality 4" (I think it's 4") glass dome for the fisheye which works very well. With a wideangle lens, a large dome will let you focus on objects closer to the dome.
I have used the Seacam superdome and the Aquatica 8" dome and both are excellent.
If flare is a problem, then an appropriate dome shade should be used.
Cheers
James
-
I own the Nexus 4" dome and for fisheyes as james say its just perfect
but for wideangle i need a bigger one.
As they told me big domes have a small disadvantage,
in my case my 10.5mm will lose some degrees field of view about 10-20° if i use a bigger dome and not my sexy lite 4" nexus.
Lambis
-
Hi!
If the dome is calculated properly and placed as it should be you won't loose a single degree. For a 180° FE you need a hemisphere. If not, you loose image quality and maybe also some angle.
Helge ;-)=)