Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

UR Pro Filter Question

Started by Coconut ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

UR Pro Filter Question

4 posts
  1. I'm hoping one of you knowledgeable folks might be able to help. I've recently purchased a Fuji e900 and am about to pick up the Ikelite housing. This is my first underwater set up. I'm trying to be both conservative with funds and my own learning curve, I've decided to go with the UR Pro filter rather than a strobe set-up, at least initially. I dive almost exclusively in Hawaii, where I live, so I think this will be adequate as a beginner.

     

    What I can't figure out is what size filter to buy. I've determined that the URPRO CY Filter is the correct one for my diving conditions, but I can't seem to get a response from them on what size fits. I've left email & voicemail, but maybe they're all out diving or something. <_<

     

    Can someone help with which one to order? Mahalo!

  2. Hi! Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Fuji e900 but I'm assuming it fits in a housing. You would normally screw the filter onto a thread on the end of the lens - whch would then be inside the housing. Or possibly, you can use a push-on filter which grips on to the lens port on the housing. This would then be a "wet" filter as it would be outside the housing.

     

    With the Fuji being a P&S you probably have a lens which moves in and out of the camera - and it may not have a filter thread. I'm not sure how Fuji deals with this (if they offer filters for the camera). In the case of eg some of the Nikon Coolpix cameras, it was possible to buy an adaptor which screwed over the lens and held a filter in front of the lens - but wasn't fastened to the lens.

     

    Someone else may be able to help more than I, but I suggest you check if filters are an option on the camera; then see how they are attached and compare that to the URPro options. If that doesn't work you need to check the size of the port and find a push-on filter which would grip on. And use a lanyard to secure it!

  3. Ikelite sell UR Pro filters as accessories to their housings. They should be able to sell you the size you need.

     

    Alex

  4. Thanks gents. I'll check with Ike.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.