Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

D 70s settings

Started by Geo1140 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

D 70s settings

6 posts
  1. What are the settings that others are using In the optimize image settings on the D70s....Custom settings area of the menu,.....Tone, Color, Saturation, Hue

     

    What should these be set at.

     

    Thanks in advance

    Geo

  2. I just leave everything off and shoot in Raw, i do the optimization in conversion

  3. Plus it is situational as to how you set your camera. Wide angle you won't need F22 or higher (generally speaking) while macro you will. I agree with Mike. Shoot Raw if you can. There's simply more flexibility to get the shot you want "after the dive."

     

    Joe

  4. So let me make sure I understand.....The optimize settings, including the color.. ie adobe, 1a (sRGB), 3a(sRGB) dont matter or are not in use if I am shooting Raw? and if I am shooting Raw/basic the settings will only apply to the Basic side and not the raw side

     

     

    Thanks Lambis, Mike and Joe for the Help

    Geo

    Edited by Geo1140
  5. Yup, you can reset the contrast, sharpening, and saturation when you do the RAW conversion with no loss of quality. So, like Mike, I just turn it all off when shooting UW ... and use Auto whitebalance, mostly.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.