Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Which Strobe?

Started by IMSushi ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Strobe?

3 posts
  1. I've got a Sony P10 in an MPK-PHA housing. After I find the tray and arms I want, the next obvious piece is the strobe itself. I have heard some people say that a manual strobe is the way to go so you can get the precise flash strength? (I don't know the term) Or, should I stick with some of the newer ones that automatically sense what brightness I need for a particular shot?

  2. I used to have the same equipment... Slave sensor is the way to go for you, you can try an ikelite ds-125 with slave sensor for 800 US$.

  3. Yes, Felix, you know, I've looked at the Ikelight strobes and the extra slave sensor that is required seems a little over kill. Won't something like S&S YS90 with an internal, built in, sensor do the same thing?

     

    Then, what about an external dial to adjust flash intensity? Which is the ds-125?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.