Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Problems w/ this set up?

Started by IMSushi ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Problems w/ this set up?

4 posts
  1. How does this set up sound to you? All I want it to do is work with my current P&S camera, Sony P10, and be highly capable of upgrading in the future when I can afford a better camera. I'm not taking pictures to be published in a magazine...yet :angry: I really want it to be a good all around rig, but not specific to either macro or WA.

     

    ULS tray, handle?, and 5" and 8" arms with 3 clamps

    Inon D2000, either with or with out a sync cable?

     

    Is there any refining of unneeded stuff or am I missing something very important here?

  2. I think P-10 doesn´t support sync cord cable, so you have to go with a slave sensor on your flash and try to block internal flash placing some dark tape in the inner part of the housing to avoid backscatter. (Ask arround, i´m a newbie too.....)

  3. Felix, you are correct in that the housing doesn't directly accept a cord. From what I can gather, the sync cable specifically made for my housing comes with a way, piece of black felt, velcro or something?, to block the light from the native flash and connect to a fiber optic cable.

     

    Does anyone out there know more about how this works?

     

    Doesn't the internal slave sensors on some strobes work just the same as an external sensor such as that on the Ike?

    Edited by IMSushi
  4. Well, to let anyone interested in knowing how things are going. I purchased the Inon D2000 with Optical D Cable W14 capset and AD mountbase along with ULCS tray and 2X 8" arms. I am very happy with most of my first results. I went to Catalina, CA and was around the dive park all weekend in Avalon. The learning curve from just a plain P&S to a one arm set up is pretty big! The biggest thing I learned is that you get in the water knowing that you are either shooting WA or macro on each dive. Changing the set up arm positions each time a different shot presents itself is a real pain. Now on to getting the right exposure...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.