Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Jellyfish ID

Started by PRC ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Jellyfish ID

5 posts
  1. Hi Paul,

     

    I just moved it the section you were looking for, where it will get more expert attention.

     

    Although many of our experts are in the field at the moment, so you may have to wait a few days for details of your ctenophores.

     

    Alex

  2. Thanks for the move Alex - knew I had found and lost this section at some point !

     

    Might just stick to labeling it ctenophore - punter may never know ! <_<

     

    Paul C

  3. Paul, your ctenophore might be a Leucathea. I don't have many references for Red Sea inverts let alone ctenophores! Sorry I can't help more.

  4. Thanks for having a go at it Leslie - should have asked its name when I took the picture I guess :P

     

    Armed with your name I did turn up this :

     

    http://editorial.acionline.biz/search.pp?p...BD319805AEEE}#0

     

    Which to me looks pretty close - no doubt a dangerous assumption but there we go... It has the same warty exterior as the one that I found.

     

    Thanks again - hope Eric buys you a free dinner occasionally for all of this identification work that you are doing for us all...

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.