Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Ikelite 100A substrobe on 20D

Started by xtremediver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite 100A substrobe on 20D

5 posts
  1. :angry: Am I assuming correctly that I can still use my Ikelite 100A with the Canon 20D in an Ikelite housing if I only use it on manual? What about the Substrobe 50? What sync cord would I need to use, the older version or the new "blue" ring version.?
  2. I think you can. It works with my D70 in manual mode.

    I am getting a converter from www.heinrichsweikamp.net to be able to control it by adjusting flash compensation on camera.

    Check if you can get one for Canon.

     

    Andrzej

  3. Hi Guys,

     

    I don't think those flashes are capable of putting out the high speed preflashes required for digital TTL.

     

    They will work in manual though, if you use a dual cord set up for manual use. This means covering all the pins on the hotshoe except the center pin. I have done this using a piece of electrical tape. That is the "fire" pin and the ground contact is the metal lip of the hotshoe.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. The sync cord to which Luiz refers has a Nikonos connector for use with non-Ikelite housings. Standard Ikelite sync cord should be fine............

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.