Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HELP!!! I NEED ADVICE FOR A WATERPROOF MIC FOR SOU

Started by MBOSEPHUS ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

HELP!!! I NEED ADVICE FOR A WATERPROOF MIC FOR SOU

5 posts
  1. HELP!!!! I NEED A WATERPROOF MICROPHONE OR HYRDROPHONE TO PICK UP SOUND ABOVE WATER. I AM GOING ON A 14 DAY RIVER RAFTING TRIP DOWN THE COLORADO AND MY EQUIPMENT MUST BE HOUSED IN A WATERPROOF HOUSING TO BE OCEAN IMAGES FOR MY SONY PC-330 BUT I NEED TO PICK UP HUMAN SCREAMS, RAPIDS AND ETC. I WOULD LOVE SOMETHING QUALITY. I HAVE HEARD THAT DOLPHIN EARS MAY NOT BE GOOD ABOVE GROUND AND SOMEONE SAID SENNHEISER ARE GREAT PRODUCTS BUT I DONT SEE ANYTHING WATERPROOF............HEEEEELLLLLLPP!!!!!! :P:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

  2. Dolphins don't like all caps typing either :P

     

    A quick forum search for 'microphone' pulled up a fair number of interesting threads.

     

    Perhaps you could jury-rig the Gates UW microphone to your enclosure. Another option would be to use an ewa marine bag.

  3. Thanks for the reply "TheQ" are you familiar with sound quality above water with Gates' UW mic? I also know nothing about ewa marine bags. What did you have in mind if you would please be specific ? Thanks much!

  4. Nope, sorry, I'm into still photography.... All I can offer is the 'sound' advice of using the search engines on some of the Internet's U/W forums.

     

    Ewa Marine is the name of the company. Their products are basically plastic bags with lens ports... the bags may transmit sound better than a hard enclosure.

  5. Thanks for the idea, sounds good I'll give the plastic bag a try. B)

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.