Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

HC1/A1 Settings

Started by SomeAssembly ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

HC1/A1 Settings

2 posts
  1. Issues of what camera settings to use on the HC1/A1 camera have come up in several discussions. I thought we might have one topic to discuss this where it is easier for people to find.

     

    Some of the items that I have seen posted already:

     

    Steady Shot – May cause vignetting, or make it worse. This is probably housing/lens dependent. If you turn it off, probably should turn full scan on.

     

    Marker Set – Turn all off. Turned on causes no status information to be sent to the external monitor.

     

    Items that I think would be good to experiment with:

     

    Black Stretch

    Sharpening

    Color (Saturation)

    Cinegamma

    Cineframe?

     

    There is another thread already talking in general about Auto Focus and Auto Exposure, but it would still be good to hear experiences with this camera.

  2. Agree:

    Steady Shot OFF

    Full Scan ON

    Market Set OFF

     

    Also:

    Converter ON (if you are using w/a converter etc)

    Black Stretch=OFF (see my comments post bali in other thread)

     

    Not tried the Cine* or Color options, tho I'd be inclined to save mucking around with this area for post production

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.