Wetpixel used to have a link to picture.com and I don't see it anymore, probably because they are nothing but scammers to fool you out of your money. For the hell of it, I entered a picture in their big "competition". About eight weeks later I received a notice in the mail that I was a finalist (my picture blew away the judges) and they wanted me to buy a coffee table book for $80 that would contain my picture, and for another $25 I could add some information to the pic as part of the book. Of course I did nothing. Then I got another notice saying that there was a show in Vegas and that they wanted permission to show my 3rd place image. Oh, did I mention that they wanted me to pay them only $160 for my trophy?
And I could also pay them for coffee mugs with my picture and mouse pads and all that crap. As a test, I had my wife enter a shitty pic and guess what? They loved that one too, and offered great things as long as we were willing to pay. Now I ask you, what kind of photo competition is that? Picture.com is nothing more than a marketing scam. Do they actually give out a $10,000 prize? Perhaps. But it is likely they will charge you a fee of $11,000 to mail it to you.
Joe