Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

14mm * 1.6 = Still nice an Wide

Started by Reefkeep ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

14mm * 1.6 = Still nice an Wide

7 posts
  1. I tryed out the Sigma 14mm today, it seems almost like the perfect underwater lens (almost). I will not leave home with out the lens hood on again , it clearly needs it. It seemed nice and wide..

  2. Any samples????

  3. All of my wide angle shots are shot with the 14mm sigma. You can see some here: Bahamas 2002

     

    Lots of flare from the sun with this lens, but I've made some large prints, and they look great. :)

  4. Flare: is that why you're switching to the 16-35?

  5. Good question... Why the leap to the 16-35 "L"

  6. Let me ask a stupid question, Infinity on this lens seems to be within inches, why not just focus it at infinity and turn auto focus off?

  7. Well, you can't really put a diopter on the 14mm, so I'm going to shoot with the 16-35 with a +4 diopter on it so I can focus closer. That doesn't mean I won't still use the 14mm, though.

     

    As for the infinity question -- can you elaborate on what you mean? Or, maybe someone who knows more about optics can jump in here. :) With a wide aperture, fixing focus just doesn't work that well.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.