Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Light Meters

Started by brycegroark ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Light Meters

8 posts
  1. Does anyone have any recommendations/opinions on different underwater light meters out there for sale?

     

    Mahalos

    Bryce

  2. For stills or video? And if for stills, are you shooting digi? If shooting digi, why do you need to invest in a light meter?

     

    Joe

  3. Hey - shooting digital stills and want to see the difference with an external meter - more for curiousness/check reliability. The only one I know of is the Ikelite and they have discontinued it!

  4. There's also the Sekonics ... analog all the way. I have one I'm not using; I used it with my Nikonos but just use the review on the LCD of the dSLR.

     

    I have been thinking of putting it up on e-Bay. It still meters equivalent to my camera even though it was once floodded. It has a ring mount that can attach with a 1/4 20 bolt.

  5. There's also the Sekonics ... analog all the way. I have one I'm not using; I used it with my Nikonos but just use the review on the LCD of the dSLR.

     

    I have been thinking of putting it up on e-Bay. It still meters equivalent to my camera even though it was once floodded. It has a ring mount that can attach with a 1/4 20 bolt.

  6. You should check out eBay. I've seen several for sale lately...

  7. I bet you could pick one up on Ebay. I loved my Sekonic and relied on that a lot. Ikes is a little more complex but is a nice little unit if you can find one.

     

    Good luck.

     

    Joe

  8. Deb Fugitt has a brand new, in the box, Ike Digital Light Meter that has never been in the water.

     

    PM me if you are interested.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.