Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Where should I start?

Started by ofrimann ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Where should I start?

2 posts
  1. Hi All.

    I would like to go into digital u/w photography.

    I own a simple MX10, which I've had enough of, and I'd like to go digital.

    I also own a DSLR - Minolta 5D, but no housing is availble for it.

     

    I have no idea where to start, as I don't know what's important and unimportant when it comes to underwater digital photography.

    I'd be very thankful if you could give me some tips for what's really important and what isn't. And if you could recommend a good setup, it would also be nice.

     

    What I'm looking for is a combination of the following:

    1. A good housing with controls for all camera features.

    2. A non-DSLR digital camera around the 5-6 megapixel res.

    3. A good grip.

    4. At least one strobe (I don't even know what should be required here...)

     

    My budget is up to $1000 for the whole setup.

     

    Thanks in advance,

    Ofri

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.