Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Steve Douglas

Started by echeng ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Steve Douglas

5 posts
  1. I gotta say, it is weird to see Steve Douglas (Wetpixel user: steve) on the forums here.

     

    Steve was my certifying instructor back in 1995 in Del Mar, CA. I still have my BSAC Sport Diver card, but have since switched over to PADI because some places in the States seemed to be confused about the whole BSAC thing.

     

    When I got certified, I was a 19-year-old computer science student back at home for a summer internship writing software for the a scientific computing company. My first dives were in the sandy waters off of San Diego (my dive log for my first dive ever: "I saw a concrete block!").

     

    I remember Steve yelling at me for dragging one of the legs of my new wetsuit on the ground as we walked from the car to dive site. hehehe.

  2. Typical BSAC strict fella....

     

    Steve, i hope Eric will enter something in the San Diego Video competition...

     

    :)

  3. My entry will be called, "My First Video."

  4. You mean, "My First Video, the concrete block."?

  5. Gee Eric, I really don't remember yelling at you for a dragged wetsuit but I do remember the strong advocation of taking care of your equipment so it takes care of you. I think I remember the concrete block episode tho. Hope I wasn't too demanding on you. My own career has long since left owning the dive shop and instructing. Filming has been my niche for quite some time now and I teach Final Cut Pro and write reviews for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org editing sites. My business partner and I met filming the Great Whites in S.Africa several years ago and decided we wanted to lead trips the right way. Since then our dive and safari business has boomed with over 50% of our guests being return clients. Very happy about that.

    I was really surprised when Mary Lynn Price of www.divefilm.com fame told me that you even remembered who I was. Its great to hear that one of my former students has done so well for himself. Should you ever need help in the editing of your films I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

     

    Heck, it was a shock just to see my name as a topic heading this morning. I thought, geez, what did I do now.;-)

    Happy to be a part of the wetpixel community and go to it every day.

    Steve

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.