Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

L&M FX1/Z1 microphone

Started by erik ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

L&M FX1/Z1 microphone

13 posts
  1. Hi all! I'm waiting my new Blufin for my Fx1. Yesterday i could arrive to take a closer look to the new Sea and Sea housing for Fx1 and Z1. Looking inside i found a little black box for using differents microphone jacks. Infact S&S has prepared a little box where you could plug mini jack from Fx1 or xlr jack from Z1. I'm very interested about, L&M i think don't have for the moment. It will be a good idea to have one and, in future, tu have the possibility to use also A Z1 (with audio) in the same housing....Z1 and Fx1 have same body. Maybe someone knows if exsist on market somethink like this strange little box? I don't think is anly a adaptator because voltage for Fx1 and Z1 are different, i think is somethink like this http://www.mediagab.it/filmmaker/XlrAdapter/XlrAdapter.html

     

    Thank you :-)

     

    ERIK

  2. Erik,

     

    Glad to see you finally decided on which camera to get. The L&M housing is a beautifull thing - what lens did you get ?

     

    Peter

  3. Hurray!!!!!!

     

    Congrats on getting a camera Erik!!!!!!

     

    No idea about the audio....

  4. Good choice there Erik. The Fx1 and Z1 does give a beter picture than the smaller camera's.

     

    You can get a tiny XLR plug that goes into the XLR port of the Z1 and then you can plug in the normal mini jack mic plug. My Phenom came with the extra little plug so I can use in a Z1 later on.

  5. Ah ya that!!!

     

    Yep, i have that... :blink:

  6. Ha ,ha..

     

    Yes well done Erik.. :D

     

    Pity the A2Es is coming out in June with a 2lux rating and a better FOV. :blink:

     

     

    Just kidding.. But you never know.

     

    Hope you enjoy the FX1.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. Mama mia! The Italian guy made a decision at last :blink:

     

    Hey Erik you will definitely not be disapponted with the FX1 and LMI combo. Now - did you take out that gym membership? Remember you will need to work on your biceps, abs and back muscles :D

     

    I'm happy we all contributed to naming your baby Erik - when is the christening?

  8. Hi guys, than you for congratulations. I hope to make good videos with new camera. For the moment... still waiting for the housing. I think and hope :( to have the new baby for the end of march.

    Real? A new sony? A2? :D

    I was also thinking to sold my TRV950 and Blufin for a new A1 and Blufin.... :blink: , and now?

    I will give you news and my personal impression of use about my new big child!!

     

    Hei NickJ...maybe it will be better to prepare differents names...i don't knows if is male or female :( . Let's goo to help me, sure if female it would be Desirée :-) Do you like it?

    In any case you will be invited for baptism with all the staff: DeanB, Mike, Wagsy, Peter and all people of our little community, here in italy.....Isola d'Elba.

    Don't loose an italian baptism and the party :-)

    Let me know only how many spaghetti to prepare :-)

    Thank you! :D

     

    ERIK

  9. Eric,

    Good on ya! You will be incredibly happy with the set up...guaranteed! I reall look forward to your first impressions.

  10. Hi Wags!

    So you have an adaptator with Phenom? How is it? I was searching it...but not sure if is enouth. Maybe it will be necessery to amplify the audio signal.

     

    Thank you

    ERIK

  11. Hey Erik,

    Now the hard part, pick a stable platform and learn to edit. Don't get frustrated with the learning curve and read all you can...practise, practise, practise. Shoot up, never down, and never from behind and most of all.....don't fall in love with your own footage, keep those clips short..6 seconds or less. 3 is great.-Steve

  12. Steve, ever watch the Russian Ark by Sokurov? It's one master shot of 96mins. B)

     

    Erik

    The hydrophone on most of these housings are not very high quality. Also, unless you are freediving or using a rebreather, any gain in audio will be regulator noise. Of course, whales and higher frequency sounds will be recorded. Just don't expect too much from the hydrophone. I'm trying to find a good low frequency hydrophone myself.

  13. Good advice Steve. I don't know how much wasted footage I took in the past of fish tails and top down shots. Also the 3-4 sec clip rule is a good benchmark - of course you need to keep your finger down when something photogenic pops up. Post prod is when the clippers come out ....

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.