Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Monitor Calibration Tools

Started by frosterrj ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Monitor Calibration Tools

7 posts
  1. Just looking to get input on the monitor calibration tools that people here are using. Tried searching the forums with "monitor calibration" but didn;t get much?

     

    What product are you using and +/-?

    Links to your favorite review of your tool?

     

    I'm currently looking at the colorvision Spyder2 mostly because of the price/package.

     

    Whatever I get I will be using it to calibrate my Dell 19" flat panel, so any feedback on the particulars of flat panels would be great.

     

    Thanks,

    Robert

  2. Hi Robert, the Spyder2 will do great for your Dell 19". I use the same monitor and calibration tools. Make sure your monitor is set to factory defaults, and let the calibration software do its work without specifying any controls,

     

    Cor

  3. I have a Monaco OPTIX, about 14 months old.

    It works, I print what I see!

  4. I'm with Cor here. I've got the same setup, and it works great.

     

    Mat

  5. Same here, been using Colorvision for a number of years and it works very well, just remember to follow the instructions for the icc profile appllications and image application/s.

     

    Don't forget to profile your printer and scanner as well, especially if you use a number of different papers and inks.

     

    Number of reviews on the web.

     

    They are very worthwhile and will make a big difference to your work.

  6. I have the Gretag Macbeth Eye-One. I have to admit I have not used it in a long while, as my laptop LCD is the only monitor I am using at the moment and it is old enough that it can't reach specifications for brightness and contrast... I suppose I should do something about that :blink:

     

    When I was using it, it was great. Nice intuitive software, good profiles.

  7. I use the eye one display2 also. I'm very happy with it, it's extremely accurate. The top of the range "eye one photo" ($1700 +) is very popular with industry professionals, and will profile your printer as well as your monitor. I only have one printer and generally use the same paper so I paid a bureau £20 to profile that for me.

     

    The display2 is for monitor only and sells at around £150/$250

     

    Cheers

     

    Steve

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.