Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Wolf Fish?

Started by SkroOob ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Wolf Fish?

5 posts
  1. Hi gang.

     

    A friend of mine showed me a photo he took in Jeddah/Saudi Arabia (Red Sea).

    It looks to me like a wolf fish, but as far as I know wolf fishes only live in cold waters. I scanned fishbase for anything like it but I failed to find a name.

     

    Could you please help me out here?

     

    FACE.jpg

     

    Salam

    Saad A

  2. That definately is a Wolf Eeel or, Wolf fish as you call it. I thought they were only cold water dwellers also. Hmmm

     

    But does the Red Sea have the giant barnicles and sea stars that are also in the picture? To me that looks like a cold water shot based on the surroundings also. I don't think those other items are warm water based. Maybe he has the location mixed up.

    Edited by yahsemtough
  3. You don't say.

    Are you sure about that?

     

    Because I'm not familiar with cold water areas.

     

    Salam

    Saad A

  4. That's an April Fools joke. You don't get cold water starfish and big barnacles like that in the Red Sea, let alone a clearly defined wolf eef. Nice joke though.

     

    Joe

  5. I see.

    Well, thank you Todd & Joe.

     

    I guess it's payback time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.