Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Tropical storm CRYSTAL on route to Seychelles

Started by markh ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Tropical storm CRYSTAL on route to Seychelles

8 posts
  1. hmmm -- you think this will affect the coral sea trip I'm going to be on? I'm there Dec 31-Jan 7th!

  2. Hmmmm. This is dificult to predict! The reason I post these weather links is that my second passion after diving is meteorology.

     

    The current tropical storm is producing gusts up to 100mph although this is slightly decreasing. Currently the storm has taken a SW direction which makes it almost over Mauritius. So if you are heading there the viz will be very poor. At present Seychelles is clear of the storm with just some little outflow effect. This will bring in cloud and possibly produce some localised thunder//ightning. For the tropical storm to reach hurricane status maximum SUSTAINED winds must reach 74 mph, at the moment these are gusts, albeit strong.

     

    It is difficult to say what the storm will do next. It will either completely die off or it may feed off the high tropical moisture & increase.! All I can do is monitor the track of the storm over the next few days and keep you posted. Keep checking the forum for an update.

     

    Regards

     

    Mark H

  3. These storms always miss Seychelles directly, we just get a couple of days of gusts and rough sea. Normally they spiral in on themselves hitting the east coast of Mauritius and back into the middle of the ocean.

     

    Coral Sea - This will not effect that far east.

     

    I've had emails from southern PNG this morning and the weather is ok there! I will be in PNG on Friday.

  4. I do recall a certain MR FISH forecaster saying similar things about the storm of 87 in the UK!!!!!!!!!

  5. It's hot and humid here at the moment... Pam has the AC on so low I've got up for a warm!

     

    It's true about the cyclones - this is why so many of us multi millionaires choose to winter here!

  6. Its cold & wet here. The central heating is on full blast.

     

    Don't you just miss the UK Bob!!!!

     

    Her's the latest on the tropical storm. Giving everyone in Mauritius a bad time but you should be OK in Seychelles. Its now tracking SE.

     

    Nice photo of the eye, which has now developed!!

     

    Mark

  7. Yes, it was on the news earlier about the local yatch club cum hang gliding association!!!

     

    Miss UK - Like a sore thumb!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.