Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Fisheye or wide angle

Started by JanFish ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Fisheye or wide angle

3 posts
  1. I've been shooting with a digicam for a couple of years. Now I want to upgrade by putting a wide angle or fisheye on my new Sony DSC-W7/MPK-WA combo. I'm comtemplating either the INON UFL 165AD Fisheye Lens or the UWL-105AD Wide Lens, but wich one should I choose. 165 deg. or 105 deg.? What would 165 deg. and 105 deg. convert to in terms of focal length (35 mm eqiv.).

     

    Thanks

    Jan

    Edited by JanFish
  2. The 165AD is very wide and will give you great results, but is harder to light up than the 105AD. In most situations, you will require 2 strobes to light it properly.

  3. mattdiver,

     

    Thanks. Actually I want to use this lens without strobes. I should have pointed that out. Which one would you all get and why (if not using strobes)?

     

    Jan

    Edited by JanFish

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.