Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Good and bad news on S2 housing

Started by Harald ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Good and bad news on S2 housing

5 posts
  1. I inquired at Ikelite about the new revision house for the S2, i want full control you know :)

    this is the e-mail I received, mixed news it is.

     

    Thank you for the inquiry. Ikelite hopes to introduce a new version

    housing for the S2 Pro in possibly March. Specifications for this new

    version housing are not yet finalized but we hope to offer full

    control of the S2 camera. The price may be 60% higher than the

    current model offered.

     

    Regards, Duane / Ikelite

     

    So its comming, but will be expensive !

     

    Harald van Buel

  2. Probably one of those new housings with the metal back. I believe they are suppose to retail for around 2000$

  3. I inquired at Ikelite about the new revision house for the S2, i want full control you know :)

    this is the e-mail I received, mixed news it is.

     

    Thank you for the inquiry. Ikelite hopes to introduce a new version

    housing for the S2 Pro in possibly March. Specifications for this new

    version housing are not yet finalized but we hope to offer full

    control of the S2 camera. The price may be 60% higher than the

    current model offered.

     

    Regards, Duane / Ikelite

     

    So its comming, but will be expensive !

     

    Harald van Buel

    I talked to Ike recently and he had told me that 'perhaps' the new back will made to work for the S2. There is a few controls I would like access to, but I am unsure whether I am going to get them:

     

    1. Access to change focus zones

    2. Access to histogram function

    3. Access to the CSM controls

    4. A better designed Aperture control button (the current one drives me nuts)

    5. The movement of the camera to the FRONT of the housing instead of the back so I can change media/batteries without having to take the complete housing out of the housing.

     

    I am not that interested in review/delete functions (while I wouldn't say no to), but the above are things I would really like. I am not going to get most of them as it would involve redesigning the front of the housing as well (i.e. a whole new housing), but it doesn't hurt to ask (constantly).

     

    M

  4. I found the thought of not having total function control more bothersome than using the housing without them. After 22 dives and a week on a live-aboard, I can't remember where it created a problem for me. Before the trip, I was insistent that new functions were needed but now I'm not quite so sure.

  5. Hi Paul,

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel! There are 5 or 6 S2/Ikelite shooters here. I'm thinking about starting a special forum....heh. Just kidding.

     

    FWIW, I have seen some FABULOUS S2 shots here from Scottyb, Margaret, etc (can't remember everyone's name at the moment) and we have all really benefitted from shared knowledge and experience.

     

    I just got back from San Diego where I shot wideangle on the Yukon and 2 dives in the kelp. Photos and experiences will be posted soon.

     

    Cheers

    James

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.