Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What paper are you using?

Started by huguito ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

What paper are you using?

7 posts
  1. what papers are you using to print very colorful reef pictures, fish and most of your underwater photos?

    Matte? Luster? Glossy papaer?

    What paper do you like to print on to frame and what when you just want to hold the print in your hands and pass it around?

     

    I' currently printing in a Epson 2400, most of the times in Premium Luster Epson, I like how it looks under glass. A little shinny to view in my hands/

     

    Hugo

  2. The Epson premium glossy paper looks pretty good to me, framed or unframed.

  3. I use mostly epson premium glossy on my epson 2400. But try some hahnemuller photo rag paper sometime. I got some really nice results with that.

     

    Cor

  4. I've tried the premium glossy, premium semi gloss and archival matte.

     

    The Matte is particularly good for mono, but it wastes ink changing to the matte black cartridge.

     

    I've settled on the Epson premium glossy as my current favourite - I find the images just seem to have slightly more punch than when printed on the semi gloss

     

    Steve

     

    PS. printer is the R2400

    Edited by Steve Jones
  5. I use Canon Photo Pro paper with my Canon 9900. It's a little pricey but very nice. I also use Illford smooth pearl, another very nice paper, but it doesn't POP like the Photo Pro paper.

     

    Joe

  6. I've been using Epson Premium Luster with my R2400 and like it better than my 'ol standby paper...Epson Premium Glossy

     

    Karl

  7. Epson premium luster on my 2200. Premium glossy with my R800.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.