Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Infrared underwater

Started by nickbrown ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Infrared underwater

2 posts
  1. Has anyone tried digital infrared underwater? This would be using a converted digital camera to infrared only, not as in using some infrared filter over the lens. I'm guessing it could work but wasn't sure how infrared light travel through water?

     

    Thanks, Nick

  2. Here's a shot I took at an aquarium. I'd guess that near IR gets stripped out before red, so you'd have to bring light with ya to get interesting photos.

     

    20020704_161955_1_std.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.