Hi folks,
We have shared slide shows in the past with ProShow Gold. I recently upgraded from Gold to Producer and I have to say that it is an incredible slide show software. Producer is a little pricey ($500) and $350 for current Gold owners, but the features are worth it. However, I just started using it and was wondering if anyone else has used it and what their thoughts are? Here is what I like:
1. you can have up to 100 layers on a slide
2. software supports transparent layers (you can be very creative here)
3. You can save your file as a template, using drag and drop of other images for other subject shows
4. You can copy parts of a template into another show. This is important because you might spend hours developing a complex series of layers doing tricky things, and now you can save that complex series and just drop in new pics. For example, you might do a diving show and have a really cool series of transitions and layer alignments and motion, then next year you might shoot a wedding and want to use that same series of workflow. You merely have to copy that part of the template into your new show, drag in the photos from your wedding and the work is all done for you from your underwater show. Really nice feature.
5. You can control opacity on all layers within Producer. This used to have to be done in PS and then saved as a new image file. More images makes the show more complex.
5. Supports PSD files from Photoshop.
What I don't like
1. You cannot control when each layer enters and leaves a slide, they all pop up when the slide is introduced. You have to have many slides of one image if you want to be creative....LOTS more work.
2. You cannot control how each individual layer dissolves into the slide...if you choose transition "CUT" all layers "CUT". To avoid this, you have to create as many slides as you have layers, and this is a lot of WORK!
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.h...l=2565428&alb=0
The above is a link to a show I have just started creating. It is only a dozen slides and is only my very rough introduction to a California dive show I am creating. It in no way represents my finished product nor have I put any music to it yet. But it shows some idea of what the software can do. I still have timing adjustments to make etc, but take a look and let me know what you think.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on Wetpixel has used Producer (www.photodex.com) and what they do and don't like about it. BTW, I have nothing to do with Photodex, and don't own any stock in them. ![]()
Joe