Has anyone got any tips on displaying and manipulating images I ahve down loaded from my digital camera.
I download the images to my pc (Dell Laptop) as .jpg's and take them in to photoshop. I then tinker about with them until they look just how I want them on screen. When I come to print the images they never look as good. The colour and constrast will look pixelly and grainy, where as on screen they look like good photos.
I have tried down loading other images off the net and printing these directly and they look fine so I am happy that my printer is able to produce good quality photo images. I therefore presume that somewhere in the workings of the computer it is not translating the screen image to the printer.
Does anybody know of a technique or piece of software that will calibrate my screen to show my exactly what I am likely to see when I print?
Anybody else had similar problems or have any advice on how to improve?