Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help With HD and Output

Started by Photobeat ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Help With HD and Output

5 posts
  1. I am new to video but considering the HC-1 or HC-3 - My questions are:

     

    1. For windows what is the best value in editing program for my computer and how much power do I need in a computer to handle editing.

     

    2. How are you guys outputing HD? There is no HD DVD writers as far as I know but if it is around the corner that's ok. Are you reducing to standard video but comes out considerably better? Worth the cost? Thanks for you expertise.

  2. #1 - There is a range of editors available. They range from consumer level to prosumer to the sky's the limit. You have to check whether they handle HD specifically, but many are doing so. The higher the cost, the more control you have in editing and output. You don't NEED anything more than Vegas or Premiere.

     

    Computer performance is based on how long you want to wait on rendering the video. Anything could do it, but it will just take longer. Increase processor and disk performance, for the biggest bang.

     

    #2 Most people can't make HD DVDs yet. So we downconvert to DV for DVDs, or we transcode to WMV or DivX to get HD quality stuff to look at on screen.

     

    My thought is the HD camera captures at a better quality intially resulting in better end result.

  3. You can also render back to HDV tape (on the camera) to archive until HD-DVD becomes available. This is what I used to do for DV before DVD writers were affordable

     

    --Mark

  4. I am new to video but considering the HC-1 or HC-3 - My questions are:

     

    1. For windows what is the best value in editing program for my computer and how much power do I need in a computer to handle editing.

    I have an HC1.

     

    I'm currently using Vegas Movie Studio + DVD Platinum Edition. $129 at Fry's Electronics.

    Only the Platinum Edition does HDV Capture and Editing.

    Edited by sjspeck
  5. I would suggest checking out Pinnacle Studio 10.5. Can edit HDV.

     

    www.pinnaclesys.com

     

    A step up would be Avid Liquid Edition 7.2.

     

    www.avid.com

     

     

    Curtis

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.