Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

UWimages 2006 Winners Gallery

Started by james ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

UWimages 2006 Winners Gallery

6 posts
  1. Hi Gang,

     

    I don't know if this has been posted before, so here is the winners gallery for the UWimages.com contest:

     

    http://www.uwimages.org/2006/gallery/index.htm

     

    Congrats to the winners - I saw a lot of wetpixel members in there - too many to list! I also have to point out that I was THERE when Karl took his 2nd place photo :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  2. Old news, sorry

    Edited by yahsemtough
  3. Heh - I guess they finally got around to sending an email about the winners.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Thanks James, you were there for the 1st place also ;):o I need to dive with you more often :) ...btw, both winning shots came from last years Wetpixel Bahamas Shark Trip

     

    Karl

    Edited by kdietz
  5. Rand,

    Where was the photo of the Zero taken?

    The water Seems a lot clearer than the ones I have come across.. Very Nice

  6. Hi Tony,

     

    Kimbe Bay. PNG.

     

    From Walindi Resort, I did two dives on the Zero, the first, the water was very clear but the second dive, it was much more clouded. It's in 50' (18m) and not all that far from shore. Believe there's a river that empties into the bay.

     

    I was very happy we had a second chance to do the dive because on the first one, I'd spent all my time shooting and realized afterwards, that I hadn't really "Looked" at the plane. It's condition is unbeliveable really. The canopy is shoved back. It looks like the Pilot was able to get out before it sunk. No one could find any indetifiying numbers so, it's a bit of a mystery. But I found it very easy to look up in the sky and imagine this thing coming down...

     

    Here's a shot from that second dive. Converted because of the crappy vis:

     

    DSC_3140_zero3bwtiff-01640.jpg

     

    Rand

    Edited by randapex
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.