Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Podcast Video

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

New Podcast Video

4 posts
  1. Hey all, honored that MaryLynn put up one of my films shot in Thailand. I think it is podcast 15. I was in the water in Phuket last year when the Tsunami hit but I didn't include any of the devistation in the video. Would love to get some feedback, positive or negative.

    Steve

  2. Hi All,

     

    I've just added Epidode 16 to DiveFilm Podcast Video: "Revisiting SeaLab II."

     

    (You can still download Steve's wonderful Thailand video, as well as all the other earlier episodes.)

     

    "Revisiting SeaLab II" includes some fun historic footage, a new interview with Scripps Diving Officer Emeritus Jim Stewart, and ROV footage of the underwater site as it looks now. SeaLab II was an underwater habitat, home to 28 Aquanauts who took turns living in the module on the sea floor at 205 fsw during a 45 day experiment in 1965 not far off Scripps Pier, La Jolla California.

     

    You can get to the video podcasts if you have iTunes on your computer by clicking here.

     

    Subscription to the video podcasts is free!

     

    You can also add the feed to your aggregator: http://divefilm.com/podcasts/podcast.xml

     

    Hope you enjoy the video podcasts!

     

    Mary Lynn

  3. I was on a boat about 13 miles off phuket when the 2 waves hit phuket.

    About your vid, I'll comment on the uw portion only. I'm not sure the use of one light allows the scene to have uniform color. A few shots showed too much contrast between proper color and green cast. Then again I've never been a real fan of mixed light shooting.

    Just my 2 cents.

  4. Thanks for the feedback; I admit, being color blind does present problems in post when doing color correction. I was also in Phuket, in the water, when it hit. I was then asked to go ashore to film some of the devastation and we found about 10 survivors on an island whom we brought back to our ship, the Angyun, and then delivered to a military ship. Flew up to Bangkok and then home. Was interviewed on CNN and a couple of local stations who used some of the footage which was not included in that film.

    Interesting comment about the lights tho, I was using 2 Cannons throughout.

    Glad to get some feedback....will look at the film again tomorrow and see it with new eyes.

    thanks again,

    Steve B)

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.