Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Grand Cayman Video

Started by bayondai ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

New Grand Cayman Video

14 posts
  1. I have created a short video from my experience in Grand Cayman from February 2006. This video requires a decent Internet connection, preferably a cable modem or something equivalent in speed. Here is a link to the video: http://www.bayondaidesigns.com/GrandCaymanHome.html

    Mike

  2. Mike

    Which codec are you using?

  3. I am not sure on the windows media player, but the quicktime is a H.264. You can only see it if you have Quicktime 7 or just the audio shows up.

    Mike

  4. Had no problem downloading it. Very nice opening and switching back and forth with the credits.

    Steve B)

  5. Thanks. I am still trying to make the file size smaller without it looking terrible. The WMV file is around 20mb and the quicktime is around 40mb. I would like it to be under 10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Mike

  6. No probs, just wanted to know what codec you were using since you were not shooting HD. Try using MP4 or Sorenson. A bit more lossy but you will find that the file size will shrink considerably. Another good codec with QT is On2. With your length, 15MB should be the target.

    The H264 is big file codec and really only should be used if you want to showcase HD stuff since the other codecs can handle DV at smaller bit rates quite easily without a marked drop in quality.

  7. makes me homesick

  8. Cool. I'll try the On2 codec and post the results here.

    Mike

  9. Wow... I just used that codec and made the video size smaller, video and audio quality less, but the file size went up to 77mb! What am I doing wrong?

  10. What program are you using to compress?

  11. I opened the old movie in quicktime pro and exported it right out from there.

  12. I have after effects and final cut if you think it would compress better from one of those programs.

    Mike

  13. If you have FCP then use compressor. Much easier control of parameters.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.