Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel dinner at Celebrate the Sea

Started by cor ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel dinner at Celebrate the Sea

9 posts
  1. We're going to try and arrange a dinner at Celebrate the Sea for wetpixel members. It will be on April 22nd. We're still looking for a nice restaurant, so if anyone has any tips, feel free ;)

     

    If you're interested to join Eric, Julie and myself please let us know here or pm me, so we have a bit of an idea of how many people are coming.

     

    Hope to see some of you there!

     

    Cor

  2. COR,

     

    Eric is aware of the circumstances - will try to be to the dinner. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else, be in touch closer to the date.

  3. Hi Guys,

     

    I'll be joining you for dinner. Being based in Singapore, I can easily make reservations. Just let me know how many people in total.

     

    Cheers,

    Mathieu

  4. Am now confirmed for CTS / ADEX.

     

    Any one else going to be there ?

  5. I'm still coming, despite FiNS' pulling out of the show. Dunno why it happened, yet...

     

    Mathieu - contact Cor. He will coordinate with Lena, who is arranging dinner. :lol:

  6. Matthieu is already set :lol: Eric, whats FINS?

     

    In case people didnt see yet (never got email from them myself), the Celebrate the Sea contest finalists are online on their site. I didnt see many wetpixelians on it :lol:

     

    Cor

  7. Cor,

    FiNS is a regional magazine based in Singapore, and a Wetpixel sponsor. They've just announced that they won't be taking part in the show, but didn't give any explanation...

    See you this weekend!

    Mat

  8. Alex is a regular contributor at FiNS, and I have had some stuff in there as well. Great magazine, and great staff!

  9. I started doing stuff for FiNS a couple of years ago. I wanted to do more with my pix in SE Asia - and asked my friends which magazines they recommended working with. I was shocked to find that everyone had bad things to say about working with all of them (maybe they were just trying to stop me becoming a competitor!). They had good things to say too. :lol:

     

    I guess since FiNS was pretty new back then, so nobody said anything negative about them! So I approached them and started writing my "Talking Megapixels" column - which from time to time gets syndicated here on WP too. Curiously they sub-edit my articles quite a bit before publication - although the versions published here on WP are all my own words!

     

    Looking quickly at my records I think I have done more than 10 articles for them. And have found them easy and honest to deal with.

     

    Alex

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.