Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

From the very beginning

Started by JennEfur02 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

From the very beginning

4 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am going on my honeymoon in the Bahamas (Eleuthera) this May and am looking forward to snorkeling and getting lots of great pictures. Last time I was there I had a disposable u/w camera that surprised me, but for V-day I got a new digital camera and would love to use it u/w as well. So... I began my search. I had no idea that there was so much out there, but NOTHING for my camera. I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9. The only option I have seen is the EWA housing which is a plastic bag? I'm ok with this (although it almost cost half as much as the camera) if it will give me decent pictures. I realize the problems of the pressure if you were scuba diving but we have plans to stay above 10 feet on this trip... I'm just getting my fiance used to swimming in the ocean, diving would be a big step. I figure if I give him a camera he'll be thrilled by the gadget and less freaked out by the wild life, which I LOVE!

     

    So my question is, should I buy another throw-away, or spend the money on the EWA...

     

    Can someone please help?

    Thanks so much,

    Jen

  2. Wellcome to the pond

     

    I had an EWA Marine bag and i only used once u/w . For the money is not worthy . I found it difficult to use , fog very easy , camera moves inside so you miss some shoots oportunities and the only function you have access is the trigger .

     

    I don't know your camera but check Ikelite web page to see if you can find a housing

     

    Welcome

     

    El buzo

  3. click on digideep.com (to your right). If there is a housing they will find it for you. I agree about the Ewa. Good for rain and canoeing but not for UW use.

  4. Jen,

    You might look on ebay. There are some great deals to be had on Olympus cameras and housings (brandnew from the olympus resellers) for under $400. I just saw a deal on an SP-350 for $199 after rebate. The housing sells for $180. I'm sure there are others as well. BTW...congrats! My wife and I are working on our 20th this year.

     

     

    Gary

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.