Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Another new person with a question...

Started by NCUrk ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Another new person with a question...

3 posts
  1. I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of the canon SD550 with canons U/W case. Was curious if anyone knows where I can find some pictures on the net taken by said camera. I have been looking and my searches are to no avail. Help please....

  2. Hello (name??) and welcome to Wetpixel. We're glad to have you here.

     

    My wife has a similar camera to yours and I've tried it w/ the underwater case. Since it's a "point and shoot" type camera it will decide all of the settings for you. This is not a good thing, because the camera doesn't know you are underwater!

     

    I recommend you set it at the lowest ISO and when shooting underwater w/ a lot of blue water in the picture, you dial in a -1 exposure compensation. Basically the camera is always going to pic f2.8 and you don't want it to do that!

     

    When using the flash keep in mind that you have to be a foot or less away from your subject to get good photos.

     

    Good luck and have fun!

     

    James

  3. Thanks James.

     

    The Name is Dean, Sorry about that.

     

    I needed a camera to take around and be a "beater" camera. I didn't feel like spending the $$$ on a case right now for my EOS Digital. Cases I looked at were around $1200.00. So I thought I would try this to see if I like U/W photagraphy. If I like it and have fun with it I plan on ugrading later. Besides it will also fit in my turnout gear for some interesting scen photos...

     

    They do sell it as having an "Underwater exposure" setting. We will see...

     

    As for being close to take pics. I kinda have to be around the Coast of NC. Vis isn't all that great anyway. :lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.