Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

First try with dSLR

Started by Elli and Ted ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

First try with dSLR

8 posts
  1. Hello everyone

    We’ve just got back from Cebu and Bohol, Philippines where we had a great time and where I used my 350D, 18-55 kit lens, 60mm Macro and Ikelite housing with DS125 Strobe for the first time. I started by taking Pics with the Camera on “P†and Strobe on TTL but soon found them to be very flat and dull with no DOF, so I changed to Manual and started to play around with the appature and time, then things started to look better. Took Pictures of anything and everything, now I have to find out what they are. Most of them are straight off the Chip and only colour corrected and few spots of back scatter removed. So here are some pictures of things I do know the names of and would like too have approved or disapproved.

     

    Thanks :lol:

    Ted

    post-5424-1144432460_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Elli and Ted
  2. One post is enough. If you have a problem, please don't make an indentical posting. I deleted the duplicate.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I'm makin a right balls of uploading these :lol:

  4. Hi Ted,

     

    Just take your time w/ it and make sure that each image is small. You can make multiple replies w/ one image in each.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Very nice shot Ted.....I like the out of focus background.....well done!

     

    Karl

  6. Hi Ted,

     

    As for your shot, I like the shot. It is very crisp in focus. I think you could crop it a bit tighter to remove some of the negative space that does not add to the photo. Your blurred backgound in this shot adds a nice contrast to the anemone fish.

     

    Another thing to play with now you are off of the P mode is try shortening the DOF on shots to really highlight the eyes or face. Not saying you had to do that for this shot but based on your change over from P mode something to consider.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  7. Very nice shot, great detail and color.

     

    Luiz

  8. next try

    post-5424-1144445883_thumb.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.