Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Recharging dessicant

Started by islandman ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Recharging dessicant

2 posts
  1. I have some dessicant in little paper pouches. Can I bake it in the oven to recharge it? I know, I know, I'm a cheapskate, but it seems like it should be re-usable. If it is, what temp & time do I use?

     

    Gracias!

  2. It depends on what type but typically, you would open it up, put it on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven to about 300 degrees F or about 148 degrees C for about 15-20 mins. Depending on what the paper is made of (sometimes plastic resin paper), it may melt.

     

    If they are a round bead, pink in color when used, blue/clear when dry, you can microwave them on "high" for 5-10 mins. Repeat until it's blue/clear.

     

    The ones you find in seaweed packs are the cheaper dessicant packs and are a mess if you open it up.

     

    Curtis

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.