Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Worms, worms, worms ! part 1

Started by Art ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Worms, worms, worms ! part 1

2 posts
  1. Hey folks

     

    worms, worms and more worms to keep Leslie and other worm-lovers happy

     

    all from the Pacific coast of Panama

     

    my tentative ID of the first is Chloeia cf viridis

     

    any ideas about the 3 scale worms ???

     

    cheers

     

    Art

     

    :lol:post-1504-1144593762_thumb.jpg

  2. You know I'm always happy to see more worms! :lol:

     

    Chloeia cf viridis will have to do for now; I'm at home without my books. Seems to me that viridis has 3 lines down the dorsum not these ovals but I'll check later. The second is probably Harmothoe, maybe one of the new species recently described by Salazar-Silva. The nice orange one is Iphione ovata - very common on reefs, on Poecillopora, Tubastraea, on rocks, etc. The last is in the subfamily Lepidonotinae but that's all I can tell from the image.

     

    Did you send these worms to me through Nancy or do I have to wait for them?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.