Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Back up card

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Back up card

4 posts
  1. I currently us a 1GIG Microdrive and am looking at getting a back-up card/drive. I am wondering what others have gotten. I shoot the CP5000 if you didn't already know.

     

    I am considering a 256 because, it is a back-up, and I want to save my coins for a DSLR in the future.

  2. Hi Todd,

     

    I use the MD also. It has some pretty funny "product limitations" to it. For example, you're not supposed to use it above 11,000 ft altitude and not above 1 atmosphere.

     

    With that said, I have never had any problems with it. Knock on wood.

     

    For backup, I have two Viking 256 meg cards. Amazon has a deal on them from time to time and they are super fast and cheap. Like less than 80 bux each.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Thanks, I'll check amazon out.

  4. Amazon also has an occassional deal on the Viking 512 MB cards, after rebate around $150. I have 2 of these, which gets me about 70 shots in Raw mode on my D60.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.