Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Changing video orientation

Started by Craig Ruaux ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Changing video orientation

5 posts
  1. I have a small problem... NDR but video relevant.

     

    I have some captures of a laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy procedure from the other day, and the endsocope is "upside down" from an anatomical perspective. I would like to be able to flip the video over so that up is down... I find no way to do this with iMovie (no surprise there). Before I go drop the big moolah on Final Cut/Final Cut Express, am I going to be able to fix this??

  2. Hey mate

    Just look through the Apple imovie plug ins for mirror or effect plug ins. Should have one for orientation. Should be free too.

  3. There's a mirror effect plugin, but this emulates a mirror moving across the frame... I'll go see if Apple's site has some other ones that may work.

     

     

    EDIT: found a plugin by Stupendous Software that does the job. Eeeexcelllent.

    Edited by Craig Ruaux
  4. Good but don't be cheap... you can claim expense for buying FCP with the Uni. :lol::lol:

  5. True, true... but I needed this for a lecture last night, and getting the paperwork done for an institutional order was going to be a pain in the proverbial.

     

    I should probably get things organized ahead of time :lol:

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.