Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

RAW Image Processer Application/Photoshop Plugin

Started by marriard ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

RAW Image Processer Application/Photoshop Plugin

3 posts
  1. I have seen a few questions about processing RAW files from DSLR's so I thought I'd point out an application I have had some nice success using.

     

    It is called Bibble from www.bibblelabs.com - it has support for the Canon's, Nikon's and Fuji raw formats, and includes nice enough support for Photoshop. Certainly the conversion functions are very good (although personally for the Fuji S2 I prefer the color and cntrols from RAW Converter EX in most cases)

     

    Worth a look considering the $99 price tag. Versions available for Mac and PC (Mac doesn't have S2 support at the moment)

     

    Your other option is QImage (which I am not fond of).

     

    M

  2. Thanks for the posting Paul.

     

    I like Qimage for printing, but I'm not fond of it for the Fuji RAW conversion process. It's sorta hard to use and I don't like the interface. I hate to say it, but it seems to have TOO many options for me.

     

    Perhaps in the future I will use Qimage, but like you, I like RAW converter EX.

     

    I'll take a look at Bibble.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I like Bibble, although it is occasionally unstable. Its plugin does not pass though any EXIF data (for Nikon, at least).

     

    Be careful with the one-click white balance. It tries sometimes too hard to make a pixel white. The author says it will automatically channel-mix when necessary.

     

    You can browse in it, white balance the ones you like, then select them and batch convert to 16-bit TIFF.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.