I use a Canon Pixma 6000D and am looking for good-quality, lower priced ink cartirdges to use. Can anyone recommend a source that you use to avoid the really high conusmables prices for inkjet printers, even if you don;t use Canon printers I'd like to get an idea of reputable sources.
I've googled the topic, but without hearing anyone's previous experience it looks impossible to pick from any of the results.
Thanks,
Robert
For my fine art print sales, I get my inks from www.weink.com The prints last longer than the Canon dye based ones on Ilford Smooth Pearl.
s.
How much fiddling with the printer color settings did it take you to adjust for the diifferent ink formulation? Are you using the Canon OEM cartridge and re-filling yourself?
I'll be getting a monitor/printer calibration tool soon so I can profile each, but need to get the ink sorted for the printer.
Thanks for the link.
Robert
No fiddling, I work on a calibrated system but I didn't bother with custom printer profiles. I simply selected the correct printer profile from Photoshop. The Weink kits come with their own cartridges for you to refill. They give you 2 for each color so you'll always have a spare cartridge handy. If you're doing large print runs, they have a continuous flow system available too.
S.
A lot depends on how picky you are with respect to output color. Underwater pics might not matter too much but if you want to get what you print, then I think you need careful profiles and those come from the OEM guys. Saving a bit of money on a print might be important but I have way more better (good grammar huh) things to do than profile unknown and unknowable inks with a bunch of papers. I have tried a bunch of different inksets in the past and other than special inks for B&W only printing I find the OEM inks to be easiest to use on a daily basis.
BIll
Considering it ends up costing me $2.00 per cart v.s. $20.00 per OEM cart, there is a significant savings. Running a calibrated system with default Canon profiles have yielded great looking prints. I suppose I could spend another $25 for a custom profile but I'll get to that at some point. Right now, for all intents and purposes, my output matches my monitor perfectly...and my customers like it.
If it ain't broke...
Stu
I agree, if it works, don't fix it, but in my hands, none of the non-oem cartridges seem to work anywhere near as nice as the OEM ones.