Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

new camera setup

Started by colonel_forbin ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

new camera setup

2 posts
  1. I am interested in getting into underwater photography.

     

    I have been looking at these cameras:

    Canon s80

    Olympus sp-350

    Fuji e900

     

    Has anybody used these cameras? Any other suggestions?

     

    The Olympus is my least favorite, it seems a bit sluggish, but it does have a hotshoe. How important is this feature, and what other specifications should i be looking at?

     

    I feel like a manual or slave strobe would be difficult to use initially. I don't want to get washed out photos.

     

    Should i get a housing made by the camera company, or somebudy else like ikelite?

     

    What are some good flashes?

     

    Thanks so much

  2. Welcome to wetpixel Colonel!

     

    I own the SP350. The hotshoe is for a flash. Olympus also makes flash housings for their flashes so the hotshoe would connect the camera to the flash to allow for TTL. I own the FL-20 with the flash housing. It's been good for portrait or macro but I've been searching for another, more powerful, wider coverage strobe for wide-angle shots. The wish list is probably the Inon because it has the built in focus assist lamp.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.