Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

LCD failure

Started by AshFowler ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

LCD failure

9 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    My new D70s seems to have a little problem with it's LCD screen underwater. I have set the camera to 'review' mode whereby it should show you the picture you have just taken on the LCD screen. This works fine on land and perhaps for 10 mins underwater, however half way through my dive the LCD stops showing me the last picture taken, and stops showing anything after a while, including menus etc. It wont even respond to the play or menu button being pressed. Is this just a setting I hve overlooked? Could this be something to do with the cold environment? (I am in temperate waters, 68 to 73 degrees F, or 20-22 degrees C). Has this happened to anyone else?

     

    My housing is a new Ikelite housing with iTTl circuitry. I am running a single Ikelite DS-125 strobe, and am shooting with the TTL setting selected on the strobe unit.

     

    Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

     

    Cheers,

    Ash

  2. Check your synch cord?

  3. Hi Dave,

     

    You think the sync cord could be causing the problem? How would this interact with the LCD?

     

    Cheers,

    Ash

  4. Ash

    Make sure one of the other buttons in not jammed on abit.

     

    This has happend to me a few times with my setup. (Sea&Sea) It was one of the buttons each side of the main press photo button. Water pressure must push it in abit sometimes jamming up things.

     

    If it happens again just pull/twist some other controls or turn the camera off and start it again.

     

    Hope that helps

  5. Thanks for that, it could be the answer. I have found turning it on and off sometimes brings the screen back.

     

    Cheers,

    Ash

  6. Buttons - had it happen with my D70 once.

     

    Paul C

  7. I was just speculating. But if a synch cord has a short in it the electronics of the camera can be disturbed in unusual ways. I found one of my synch cords had a short and gave me a weird set of intermittent problems until I stopped using that particular cord. I don't know the D70 though.

  8. Thanks all,

     

    It happens every dive, which is annoying. I will try the buttons, then, god forbid, the sync cord.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Ash

  9. Yep, it's probably the buttons. This used to happen on my Ikelite setup all the time. It took me FOREVER to figure out what the problem was, and it would frustrate me to no end.

     

    Forget the fact that I was coming back with crappy shots, my entire dives were ruined trying to repair my housing while floating along.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.