Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Bombers in Dahab....

Started by DeanB ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Bombers in Dahab....

6 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    Just heard some sketchy reports about 30 or more people being killed by suicide bombers in the Red sea resort of Dahab..

     

    Any confirmation or updates ???

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. Oh my god.

     

    The Egyptian ministry of interior had just announced 10 casualties and 70 serious injuries.

    they say that a swiss 29 y old man and a 30 y old russian are among the casualties in addition to an unidentefied couple and 6 Egyptians.

     

    May they rest in peace.

  3. BBC News this morning reports 23 killed including 20 Egyptians and a young boy.

     

    Another outrageous, pointless and entirely futile act.

     

    Many British divers will NOT be put off from travelling to the Red Sea, so the bombers will NOT achieve what appears to be their immediate goal, and, as usual, it is the local population who seem to have borne the brunt of the attack.

  4. Paul, I couldn't agree with you more.

     

    By coincidence my ticket for Sharm arrived in this mornings post. I need to check with the rest of the party but it's my intention to use them.

  5. That is sad. I feel sorry for all these people.

     

    I fly to Red Sea tomorrow. I try not to worry too much about terrorists. Statistically, I'm probably more likely to die in a car accident on my way to work everyday then from a bomb.

  6. I've just heard about another attack.

    I'm still going...

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.