Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Setting Up a Strobe oly5050 Ike & DS125

Started by tiswango ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Setting Up a Strobe oly5050 Ike & DS125

1 posts
  1. I just spent two days at home and work reading up on why my strobe wouldn't fire?

     

    My wife ordered a DS 125 kit with arm and cable from B&H. But the strobe wouldn't fire after I plugged it in.

     

    After checking my set up over and over TTL cord with blue ribbon etc....

     

    I finally found the problem!

     

    The top of the hotshoe has a Arrow pointing forward. I was putting the hotshose on backwards. After rotating and properly installing the hotshoe, all is well.

     

    Props to Peter Schultz and his excellent website for how to set the Oly5050.

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...mera%20Settings

     

    If you don't know how to set up the "My settings" the .pdf manual is online at

     

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/C-5050...nce_English.pdf

     

    Page 172.

     

    I hope this post helps someone else from feeling like a Moron!

     

    Regards,

     

    --Matt

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.