Here is some info on the new Amphibico HC3 housing out soon.
Talk about tiny....put it in me BCD pocket...
Read-only discussion
Here is some info on the new Amphibico HC3 housing out soon.
Talk about tiny....put it in me BCD pocket...
Wow, this really is a basic cam and housing....not many features but a good way for a beginner to get started, I suppose.
steve B)
grrrrr it's a shame, I was hoping for a bit more from the camcorder and the housings that would be coming out for it - at the very least access to white balance. Like many I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I should do about upgrading to HD or even just upgrading in general and I'm just going round and round and round in circles at the moment.
Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but......
I wish I could just make a decision or even just go with a flipped coin decision, but it's kind of hard to do that on what potentially could be a $10,000 question!
Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
The best budget option would be to choose the A1 ( pro version of the supercede HC1 ).
This would give you access to the elusive white balance control via the assign button, and get you into the game ( HDV ).
All of the manufacturer's have housings for the A1.
Ahh...but just heard a rumor for a trustworthy source that L&M has a housing on the way and WB will be in the feature set accessed through the menu...don't know how yet but if it works...what a deal for HDV!
Two things so far have stopped me buying the A1 - the less than great WA on the lens and it's reported poor performance in low light situations.
Ideally I'd love the FX1 but the housings and the camcorder itself are just so huge that if you are intending to do a lot of travel then no matter how much I kid myself I know that it's going to be a real PITA...
Although the HC3 is the replacement for the HC1 and therefore a lower spec than the A1, I was hoping for a miracle where it turned out to be THE one that would put everything into a nice neat small package at a price that doesn't make me want to cry.
I don't 'have' to make a decision just yet, but I could potentially have something happening in the autumn that is so mouth wateringly, wet my pants exciting that I'd just blow out on the FX1 anyways!! ![]()
Guess it's just a bit more of watch this space and see what pans out....
Cheers, Simon
Not sure why someone told you the low light performance on the A1U was poor. One shouldn't really be shooting without lights anyway. The footage from the A1U is excellent and, I agree with the others, it is the way to go unless you don't mind hauling around the weight of the Z1U
Steve B)
I've heard from a few people on this forum and on others that they have not been happy with the low light performance of the A1. It seems to be ok in nice bright tropical crystal clear waters, but anything murky and people are not happy with it (that could be the same with most camcorders though!).
Lights really only come into the equation if you are within a metre or so of what you're shooting and in that situation I've heard nothing but great reports on the A1 for close up/macro, but anything further away and especially WA I've heard nothing but disapointment about what 'could have been'. I would love to be corrected on this because if that's not the case then it would make my decision a whole lot easier.
I still may get the A1 like I said I'm still in the yeah but no but yeah but no stage of decision making ! ![]()
edited....
Also I should say that there is very little difference in price between the A1 and FX1 in the UK. The only extra amount to pay would be for the housing, but of course you still have to consider the extra bulk. Oh god here I go again yeah but no but yeah but no..... Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.