Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

a shrimp named after Leslie

Started by Art ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

a shrimp named after Leslie

18 posts
  1. Hey folks

     

    we just named a shrimp after our worm girl, Leslie ! what a coincidence ! :)

     

    Leslibetaeus coibita, n. gen., n. sp., from Coiba NP, on the Pacific coast of Panama

     

    she collected the cute little guys and also took nice pictures, check out the paper at:

     

    http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/

     

    cheers

     

    Art

  2. :):angry::wub::wub::wub::wub:

     

    Isn't my new godchild beautiful?

     

    Thanks, Art!

    post-2918-1146171985_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Leslie
  3. Wow! A genus name! That's huge, not many people get that honor... :):angry:

  4. what a cutie :)

     

    awesome stuff Leslie!

  5. hey Leslie

     

    that's about time to name an ungly polychaete worm after me ! :) like the ones living on fouling stuff or in stinky mud .. or feeding on whale carcasses ..

     

    cheerio

     

    Art

     

    :angry:

  6. Well, I do have an unnamed stink worm but I was saving it for someone who really deserves it! (Unfortunately he'd understand why and hate me even more.....) don't you want one of the pretty ones?

  7. That's so, so awesome.

     

    Your first name is gettibg so well known that you should consider publishing under just "Leslie" - you could be the Brazilian soccer star of marine taxonomy!

     

    Alex

  8. Very cool Leslie!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a great honour. we going to start calling you Shrimpy i guess!

  9. B) B)

     

    Shrimp girl? Shrimpy? (Sound of a cat coughing up a hair ball.....) thanks, but I'll stick with worm girl. After all, all I did was collect the little guys.

     

    Leslibetaeus is my seventh godchild. (Good thing I don't have to pay for college :) ) The nemertean in this image will probably be the 8th. I collected it last month in Panama.

    post-2918-1146256244_thumb.jpg

  10. OK, Leslie, one of the prettier ones !!!

     

    like these two Hesione spp, by the way, still awaiting ID !

     

    Art

     

    post-1504-1146258628_thumb.jpgpost-1504-1146258642_thumb.jpg

  11. OUTSTANDING LESLIE!!!! :)

     

    Todd

  12. Congratulations Leslie,

     

     

    we live in interesting times as the Chinese say, taking part in the discovery of the living things on this planet.

    Great shrimp !

     

     

    Guido

  13. Art, Denis, & Ingo deserve lots of praise too! I found & photographed it but they actually described it. They even called me their "dear colleague" in the paper instead of the usual rude things they normally say! :)

  14. Congratulations Leslie -

  15. Woo Hoo!!!! Big Congrats, Leslie!

    Marli

  16. Great stuff, Congratulations Leslie. :)

     

    Ted

  17. Neslie....Leslie ...hmmmm I dont know which one is more famous.

     

    Joe

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.