Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

SanDisk RedSea Underwater Photo Competition 2006

Started by expatdiver ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

SanDisk RedSea Underwater Photo Competition 2006

2 posts
  1. First of all I want to congratulate all of the competitors in the competition. There were some really great photos taken.

     

    I wasn't able to compete, but was able to make it down for the weekends festivities. It was my first experience at this sort of event and I was quite impressed. Hopefully next year I will be able to take the week off and compete.

     

    I can only remember a couple of results off the top of my head.

     

    The overall winner for the best five images was Noam Kortler (nemodivers)

     

    Also, one of the local instructors from Manta Diving Center (I won't try and write his name, because I would butcher it) took two awards: The Judges Prize & Mayor of Eilat's Prize

     

    I think Andi and Lars will have all of the results up soon on digideep, unless they dove into the 1000 cans of beer prize that the winner was just starting to distribute as I was leaving last night (stupid drive home :):angry: )

  2. Douglas, now you say you where there? Shame I didn't know on real time so we can meet.

    We (my wife and me) where on the competition also, It’s was a great week, more then 100 competitors, very nice atmosphere and lot of dives.

    One of my shot came to the final and one of my wife's shots to the semi final so its was really nice.

    Also I met the guys from digideep and more photographers from Europe.

    I'm also couldn't enjoy the beer that the a friend won :)

    Next year, Pilo the organizer is planning to increase the prices that are already very impressive so there is what to prepare to.

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.